Batch Update of Item Type

Is there  way to do a batch update of existing Items in Aras.

For example, if a new property is added to and Item type, I'd like to do a mass update using Excel similar to BatchLoader, except update existing items, not create new ones.

Parents
  • Hello,

If you have access to the BatchLoader, then this kind of mass edit should be possible using it. The BatchLoader accepts two kinds of information to run: a template file and a data file. The template file outlines the AML that will be run for each row of data in the data file. To use the BatchLoader to run a mass update, you would just need to format your template to perform an update on an existing item instead of creating a new one like the example template below.

<AML>
    <Item type="Part" action="edit" where="keyed_name = '{0}'">
    <new_property>{1}</new_property>
    </Item>
    </AML>

This AML expects two things in the data file. The first will be the keyed_name of the existing Part in the database, so it knows which part to edit. The second will be the value for the new property you have added to the ItemType. 

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Thank you Chis.  Is there a toggle in the graphical interface that can be toggled for this as well?

After poking around, I didn't see an option.  Would it be something I put in the text file?

Best regards,
    Travis

Reply Children