How to add Part Item Types in TOC Access?

We have mutiple part item types created and we would like to add these item types in "Parts" category. I know that we can add Saved Search for each Item type but that doesn't look good for us. we want an item type and create action to be included in the category.

Parents
  • Hi Selvlennox,

To achieve this you must navigate to your new custom part ItemType, and there are two relationship types you'll need to set on your custom ItemType. 

First you must set TOC View to include an identity of who can view the new ItemType in the TOC. The other is TOC Access. This is where you can define a category on the TOC for your custom ItemType to live. If you would like your custom part type to be near the other part, under Category, you would pick Design.

AJ

• HI Sebastin thanks for the reply. I have created Part > Design, Part > Material, Part >Sheet. all these items are created under Part Item type.. I want to see all these item types under "Parts" category. How is that possible? I am not able to navigate to custom part type. I can open only Part Item type..and I can edit only for Part the TOC access.. how to specify the custom part type under Parts category, so users can create the item types from TOC...

• Are Design, Material, and Sheet all their own itemtype? Or are they classifcations on the Part ItemType? If they're a classification then my previous comment won't work. Could you please provide more detail about your configuration?

• All these item types of  subtypes of Part Item types. These are classifications of Part Item..I want users able to create part classfications from Parts type..

• I do not believe it is possible for a classification to have its own icon on the TOC. Users will be able to create a new part, which includes all of your classifications. When creating a new part there is a Type property. Setting this to one of your classifications will make the part being created whichever classification you chose.

Under the Views relationship on part you can specify different forms to load depending on the type of classification you are adding. Once you've done this, if you set a new part to type "design" the appropriate form will immediately be loaded into the part creation tab. 

• Thanks Sebastin, we have done this now. But the form changes only when we select the Type. ok is that possible to create all these item types are separate item types from default Part type? Is that possible to create Design, Material, and Sheet by saving as "Part" item type?

• Without going through a massive amount of effort I believe your best option is to give each classification it's own Form, and to have the default, unclassified Form just contain the classification field. Then when a user selects a classification, the whole Form updates based on their selection.

This way before creating any part the user must choose which classification they are trying to create, and they will be provided the appropriate form. 

• Without going through a massive amount of effort I believe your best option is to give each classification it's own Form, and to have the default, unclassified Form just contain the classification field. Then when a user selects a classification, the whole Form updates based on their selection.

This way before creating any part the user must choose which classification they are trying to create, and they will be provided the appropriate form. 

Children