Obtaining web address of a part

I need to obtain ARAS-internal web address of a part, so I will be able to use it in another application (Word, Excel, etc)  as a clickable hyperlink.

The user, then, will be able to click the hyperlink and the browser will directly go to the part.

How can I achieve this ?

Parents
  • Hi,

Using the main search grid, right click on the part you want the link for. Select properties and you will see some information about the part. There will also be a button called "Copy Link". The link provided will open the desired part in Innovator, or open a new instance of innovator if it is not already open. 

AJ

• オフライン in reply to AJ Sebastian

Thanks for the reply.

I followed the same steps you suggested: opening the main grid, selecting the part, right-clicking, choosing properties.

The small window appearing is different than yours.

There is one Copy button. There is not Copy Link button. My Copy button just copies the ID on the edit box on its left side.

Or, is there a Copy Link button but can not I see it because it is not shown in my narrow window ? I can not resize it.

Aras version we use is 11.0 SP9, Is it a version problem ? What is your version ? 

• オフライン in reply to oeakdemir

Unfortunately the button to populate the link is not available in SP9. The screenshot I took was in SP15, but versions as old as SP11 have the link button.

Fortunately the link has a standard format, so you could build your own.

The url format is:  http://[server]/[innovator]/Client/default.aspx?StartItem=[itemtype]:[id].

If you stick with SP9 you could build similar functionality into an action.

Thanks for the reply.

The url format works fine, but using id is not convenient since id changes whenever any change is made on the part ( a new generation produces a new id ) 

So using id may result in old links in my intended scenario.

Do you have any suggestion ?

Is there a similar approach that uses "Part Number" instead of "id", for example ?

Regards,

• オフライン in reply to oeakdemir

After some investigation, it would appear that you can append a few specific keywords to get the desired part.

Your options are:

Default - gets the part with the provided ID

current - gets the current version of the part

released - gets the last released version of the part.

To use these you format the url like this:

http://[server]/[innovator]/Client/default.aspx?StartItem=[itemtype]:[id]:[keyword]

Thanks a lot. It works perfectly.

Reply Children
No Data