Preference style setting method

オフライン
Hi, Can you tell me the method name which saves the user preferences of a particular user when the user logs out?
  • Hello, The functionality that saves the User preferences is not contained within a Method. It is part of the standard functionality of the main search grid. Could you clarify what you're trying to accomplish? Chris
    Christopher Gillis Aras Labs Software Engineer
  • Hi, First of all, thank you for your reply. Here, what I am trying to accomplish is the preferences for any user in Aras gets saved in the Preference Itemtype even without logging out. This means, if any user changes the order of the columns of any Itemtype from TOC , then after clicking search icon that preference gets saved in the Preference ItemType, the user doesn't need to log out in order to save it. Is this possible? Please let me know.
  • Hi, Can you please reply my previous question, since I am eagerly looking for the solution regarding my problem?
  • Hello, Before the Preferences are saved to the server, they are stored in a cache on the client. This is to improve performance so that there only needs to be one call to the server to save all of the user's preferences for a specific session instead of many calls to the server while the user is doing work. However, if a user makes a change to the order of an ItemType's columns, that same order should be pulled from the cache if the user leaves and comes back to that ItemType. Are you seeing different behavior? If so, what version of Innovator are you using? While investigating this, I did notice that if I used the "Hide Column" action from the right-click context menu, the column would not be hidden if I switched to another ItemType and back. Two things to note about this behavior is that it seems to have been fixed in 11.0 SP15 and I did not have this issue if I used the "Select Columns" button in the grid toolbar. With all that being said, if there is another use case for saving the preferences of the User, you can save the preferences from a client side Method by using aras.savePreferenceItems();. Please note that calling this function each time the user performs a search will likely lead to performance issues though. Chris
    Christopher Gillis Aras Labs Software Engineer