Export Package

Hi I created an item type and added my external image as icon. When I try to export and load the package into some other environment, system logged in and got corrupted. When I check the database and Itemtype table, Large Icon and Open Icon is set to file:??vault/.filename. When I delete those two values and set to Null, I was able to login to system. So, how to export the package with external images also ? Thank You
  • Hello, One alternative to exporting the images with the package is to instead reference images in your code tree. You can do this by following the steps below.
    1. Navigate to your code tree (Typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Aras\Innovator\
    2. Open the folder containing the standard icons (\Innovator\Client\images\)
    3. Create a new folder here called my_icons
    4. Upload any images you want to use as icons to this folder
    5. From the Image Browser when you select an icon, you should now see your sub-folder available under \Images\
    6. You can pick the icons you want from here rather than choosing an External File
    By following these steps, you can simply copy your my_icons folder and paste it into the \Innovator\Client\images\ folder of any other environments you import your ItemType into. Chris
    Christopher Gillis Aras Labs Software Engineer