As I found myself struggling setting up SSL across multiple Aras Installations, I decided to write a short instruction.
This instruction should fix error 'invalid redirect_uri'.
1. Enable SSL in Internet Information Services (IIS)
In IIS, select your instance and under 'IIS' go to 'SSL Settings'. Make sure 'Require SSL' is checked and 'Client Certificates' is set to 'Ignore'.
Depending on the modules you installed, make sure this setting is successfully applied to the following sub pages: Client, ConversionServer, NotificationServer, OauthServer, SelfServiceReporting, Server, Vault.
2. Install Notepad++ on the Innovator Server
Install the latest version of Notepad++ or any similar tool that can replace text recursively in all files in a selected folder.
3. Replace HTTP instances with HTTPS
In Notepad++ go to 'View > Find...' (or CTRL+F) and head over to the 'Find in Files' tab. Configure it as follows:
- Find what: http://localhost/
- Replace with: https://[YOUR SERVER NAME / IP]/
- Filters: *.*
- Directory: [THE ROOT DIRECTORY OF YOUR INSTALLATION – AN INNOVATOR FOLDER BY DEFAULT]
- Check: 'Include all sub-folders'
- Search mode: Normal
- Leave all unmentioned fields blank or unchecked
Now click 'Replace in Files'. The process should take about 5 minutes so you can grab a cup of coffee. Once you return, about 30 instances should have been replaced.
The 'redirect_uri' error should have been resolved and your browser will give you a SSL Certificate pop-up. Click 'OK' (only necessary once).
I hope this helps. All the best from Almelo.