Allow a non-admin identity/user to "Unclaim" items locked or claimed by others

オフライン

I have some power users I'd like to give the ability to unlock/unclaim items that other users have locked/claimed. I don't want to give them full admin rights and can't find the method, action, permission, etc... to allow the "Unclaim" action.

This screenshot is an example of the action I'm trying to permit for some select power users. 

Is there a way to enable identities access to this "Unclaim" action? If there is a way to set this based on item type that would be even better.

Currently running Aras 12 sp4.

Thank you in advance!

Parents
  • This is an old topic, but I think is it would be worth testing.

I assume the CUI element used for "Unclaim" is right now just available for Administrators. You could change the used Identity.

But there are certain system action that are just available for Administrators. I tried a similar change with "reset lifecycle state", but this one was so hard restricted by default, that overwriting the CUI element didn´t work. This can also be the case for unclaim.

• オフライン in reply to AngelaIp

Hi Angelalp,

Thank you for your response. I was able to find the "Unclaim" menu element in the CUI and it shows it is available to "World". To try and get around any programing to hide/exclude it I created a new instance of the com.aras.innovator.cui_default.pmig_Unlock or "Unclaim" menu item and specified an identity to get the "Unclaim" menu item to show up.

A user can now access and attempt execution of the "Unclaim" menu option but now I need to find out how to allow a user to get through the exception: aras.server.core.itemislockedbysomeoneelseexception 
    The identities already have all the permissions granted except "Show Permissions Warning" for the items I'm testing. This seems to be another hard coded or restricted feature.

• Hi Ken,

when the standard "Unclaim" is already assigned to World, than this one is probably really system restricted. So reusing the existing "Unclaim" function will probably not work.

I assume this would now require a complete custom "unclaim/unlock" Method to by pass the permission. But to overwrite a permission you will probably need a Server Method, which will make the solution very complex.

Maybe this one kind be solved easier? At ItemTypes you have the "unlock on logout" checkbox. When items are automatically unlocked on logout by users, there would be no need to use a custom unclaim. (I yesterday forgot that the 'unlock on logout' function exists Innocent).

• Hi Ken,

when the standard "Unclaim" is already assigned to World, than this one is probably really system restricted. So reusing the existing "Unclaim" function will probably not work.

I assume this would now require a complete custom "unclaim/unlock" Method to by pass the permission. But to overwrite a permission you will probably need a Server Method, which will make the solution very complex.

Maybe this one kind be solved easier? At ItemTypes you have the "unlock on logout" checkbox. When items are automatically unlocked on logout by users, there would be no need to use a custom unclaim. (I yesterday forgot that the 'unlock on logout' function exists Innocent).

Children
  • オフライン in reply to AngelaIp

Hi Angelalp,

Too bad this turned out to be more complex. The "Unlock on Logout" sounds good. Our challenge is our CAD users usually take a few days to wrap up some changes and will leave their users logged in defeating that feature. I'll have to look into that though. Thanks!

Luckily needing to unclaim an item locked by another user is an uncommon occurrence, at the moment, so maybe we'll just have users continue contacting system admins if they need something unlocked.

Thanks Angelalp for your help!