PDF and Image file handling

Hi,

On my latest installation of Aras open (12 SP9) clicking on pdf and image file (png, jpeg, etc) Files attached to Document item type automatically downloads it.  Changing Chrome setting related to how PDF files are handled or using different browsers seems to have no effect. 

I would like PDF and image files to open in a separate browser window as it did on an older installation of Aras 12 SP0.  Are there any server related settings that control how these file types are handled out of box?

Thanks.

-Sam 

Parents
  • Hi Sam,

it should be possible to change file opening behavior with vault.config file in VaultServer. There you can change download behavior for each file type.

1. attachment – downloaded in UI
    2. inline – load file in the browser

Angela

---

You liked this answer? Subscribe to my Youtube channel to learn even more about PLM --> PLM Underground on Youtube

• Thanks Angela,

For MIME type image/png and application/pdf the Content-Disposition is set to inline in vault config file.  But for both types, Chrome opens a new blank window and then downloads the file to the default download folder while the blank windows just hangs in there.  The same client computer behaves differently with another Aras installation so it must be some server related settings but I cannot figure out what it could be.  I made sure that these MIME types are set in IIS but no luck.

-Sam

• Thanks Angela,

For MIME type image/png and application/pdf the Content-Disposition is set to inline in vault config file.  But for both types, Chrome opens a new blank window and then downloads the file to the default download folder while the blank windows just hangs in there.  The same client computer behaves differently with another Aras installation so it must be some server related settings but I cannot figure out what it could be.  I made sure that these MIME types are set in IIS but no luck.

-Sam

Children