cui_ShowTab_ButtonClick

Hi,

Sometimes, ARAS 12 SP8 displays an error panel saying "The method "cui_ShowTab_ButtonClick" failed." just after opening an item.

I don't know how to reproduce it systematically to open a ticket to ARAS support.

It seems to occur when I click too fast.

Do you have this issue too ?

Do you know how to reproduce it ?

Do you know how to fix it ?

Parents
  • Hi Miraks,

I can remember to have seen this error message before, but I am not sure in which context.

Do you receive this error message for an existing untouched OOTB Innovator component or do you have customized something? Does your affected ItemTypes use the sidebar?
    I am not 100% sure, but I think there was a known bug in Innovator 12, that Method that are used in CUI elements can lead to trouble when changing the Method. The new Method version will not be automatically connected to the CUI element. When I remember the release notes right, this one was fixed in 12SP9 or 10. 

Innovator 12 is also more diva-like when it comes to Methods --> https://community.aras.com/f/development/6635/comments-after-return-in-client-method-leads-to-event-handler-error . 

But you say you don´t always receive the error message, just when clicking to fast. So I think sidebar has some trouble to load an element in time (PDF viewer or something).

But I am just guessing.

• Hi Miraks,

I can remember to have seen this error message before, but I am not sure in which context.

Do you receive this error message for an existing untouched OOTB Innovator component or do you have customized something? Does your affected ItemTypes use the sidebar?
    I am not 100% sure, but I think there was a known bug in Innovator 12, that Method that are used in CUI elements can lead to trouble when changing the Method. The new Method version will not be automatically connected to the CUI element. When I remember the release notes right, this one was fixed in 12SP9 or 10. 

Innovator 12 is also more diva-like when it comes to Methods --> https://community.aras.com/f/development/6635/comments-after-return-in-client-method-leads-to-event-handler-error . 

But you say you don´t always receive the error message, just when clicking to fast. So I think sidebar has some trouble to load an element in time (PDF viewer or something).

But I am just guessing.

Children