Error on properties event "onEditFinish"

Hello,

in the vanilla version of Innovator12 I have a simple method that change the bgcolor on a specific properties if the value can be "wrong"

the methos is a clientSide method very simple:

//change color bg

var cell = gridApplet.cells(relationshipID,colNumber);

cell.setBgColor("#123123");

With the newer version (tried in sp9 and sp4) the method returns an error:

Seem the method tried to modify the property adding a suffix "_D"
is something change or is a bug ?

I tried other event (eg onChangeCell) but nothing change

the method is triggered in a grid.

Parents
  • Hi David,

I was able to reproduce this in a local 12.0 SP9 instance. It seems to be due to a change in the way that cells are stored inside the grid object. I've filed an issue internally to have this looked at.

In the meantime, I've found a potential workaround. The actual HTML element of the cell is accessible through the same cell element you get using your code above, so you can simply change the background color yourself using code like the sample below:

//change color bg
    var cellHtmlElem = cell.cellNod_Experimental;
    cellHtmlElem.style.backgroundColor = "#123123";

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Hi David,

I was able to reproduce this in a local 12.0 SP9 instance. It seems to be due to a change in the way that cells are stored inside the grid object. I've filed an issue internally to have this looked at.

In the meantime, I've found a potential workaround. The actual HTML element of the cell is accessible through the same cell element you get using your code above, so you can simply change the background color yourself using code like the sample below:

//change color bg
    var cellHtmlElem = cell.cellNod_Experimental;
    cellHtmlElem.style.backgroundColor = "#123123";

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

Children