Unable to access ARAS PLM(HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error)

オフライン
Hi, I have installed ARAS PLM and while tring to access it. I am experiencing following issue. Please help in resolving this issue The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid. Detailed Error Information: Module IIS Web Core Notification BeginRequest Handler Not yet determined Error Code 0x80070021 Config Error This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false". Config File \\?\C:\Program Files (x86)\Aras\Innovator\Innovator\web.config Requested URL localhost:80/InnovatorServer Physical Path C:\Program Files (x86)\Aras\Innovator\Innovator Logon Method Not yet determined Logon User Not yet determined Config Source: 3: <system.webServer> 4: <handlers accessPolicy="Read, Script" /> 5: <directoryBrowse enabled="false" /> More Information: This error occurs when there is a problem reading the configuration file for the Web server or Web application. In some cases, the event logs may contain more information about what caused this error. Regards, Adarsh  
  • Hi Adarsh, Please confirm that you have the following components installed on your machine:
    • .NET 3.5 (required on all clients)
    • .NET 4.5.2 (required on server)
    • MSXML 6
    • ASP.NET
    If you confirm that all components are installed on your client/server machine and this issue is not resolved, try registering your ASP version with IIS using the command below. windir%Microsoft.NETFrameworkv4.0.30319aspnet_regiis.exe –iru Additionally, please be sure to clear your browser cache after making any configuration changes. Chris ___________________________________ Christopher Gillis Aras Labs Software Engineer
  • Hi, Sorry to hijack this thread but I seem to have the exact same problem after installing Aras. Pretty sure I have all the pre-requisites in place but I am using server 2016 which has the default .NET 4.6 installed, MSXML 6, ASP.NET 4. Tried running the command above but it wasn't recognised.   Any help would be appreciated. Steve.
  • Hi Steve, It seems the command from my response got corrupted and doesn't include any of the slashes needed. Please try the command(s) below. %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe –iru %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe -iru Chris
    Christopher Gillis Aras Labs Software Engineer
  • Hi Chris, Thanks for coming back. This is the response I got from the commands.   C:\Users\Administrator>%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe -iru Microsoft (R) ASP.NET RegIIS version 4.0.30319.0 Administration utility to install and uninstall ASP.NET on the local machine. Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Start installing ASP.NET (4.0.30319.0). This option is not supported on this version of the operating system. Administrators should instead install/uninstall ASP.NET 4.5 with IIS8 using the "Turn Windows Features On/Off" dialog, the Server Manager management tool, or the dism.exe command line tool. For more details please see go.microsoft.com/.../. Finished installing ASP.NET (4.0.30319.0). C:\Users\Administrator>%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe -iru Microsoft (R) ASP.NET RegIIS version 4.0.30319.0 Administration utility to install and uninstall ASP.NET on the local machine. Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Start installing ASP.NET (4.0.30319.0). This option is not supported on this version of the operating system. Administrators should instead install/uninstall ASP.NET 4.5 with IIS8 using the "Turn Windows Features On/Off" dialog, the Server Manager management tool, or the dism.exe command line tool. For more details please see go.microsoft.com/.../. Finished installing ASP.NET (4.0.30319.0).   Steve.
  • Hi Chris, The error message from the command gave me a lead. ASP.NET role wasn't added during IIS install so added that and we seem to have got a login prompt. Hopefully that's sorted it out.   Thanks for your help. Steve.      
  • Hi Chris, Everything seems to be working now. For our evaluation purposes is it possible to get the sample data installed on the current SP12. It's suggested that the test data is for V11 but it complains about revisions and fails to install.   Regards Steve.
  • Hi, I have the following verified ans still receive this same 500.19 error on Windows sever 2016 installation .NET 3.5 (required on all clients) .NET 4.6 (I believe works in place of .NET 4.5.2 (required on server)) MSXML 6 ASP.NET It also appear I have the ASP.NET role on IIS installed.  I have an issue on the handlers line. Config Source: 3: <system.webServer> 4: <handlers accessPolicy="Read, Script" /> 5: <directoryBrowse enabled="false" /> Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Jay Detailed Error Information: Module IIS Web Core Notification BeginRequest Handler Not yet determined Error Code 0x80070021 Config Error This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false". Config File \\?\C:\Program Files (x86)\Aras\Innovator\Innovator\web.config Requested URL localhost:80/InnovatorServer Physical Path C:\Program Files (x86)\Aras\Innovator\Innovator Logon Method Not yet determined Logon User Not yet determined
  • I made some progress... This site helped a lot: stackoverflow.com/.../http-error-500-19-and-error-code-0x80070021 Specifically... Windows Server 2016, IIS 10. Went to server manager, click add roles and features In the roles section choose: Web ServerUnder Security sub-section choose everything Under Application Development choose .NET Extensibility 4.6, ASP.NET 4.6 and both ISAPI entries (you may get asked to add when ASP.NET 4.6 is checked) In the features section choose: NET 3.5, .NET 4.6, ASP.NET 4.6 In the web server section choose: Web Server (all), Management Tools (IIS Management Console and Management Service) After doing this I have an Aras login screen and able to login.