This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SUPPORT Q&A - Part type (classification) does not appear in ItemType

lynax - Tuesday, August 24, 2010 6:03 AM:

Hi,

I don't know why there is no Part in TOC->Administration->ItemType

Do I need to purchase anything?

But in the documentation from aras: www.aras.com/.../Print of Online Help - Aras Product Engineering.pdf

page 18 show how to add a classification has the Part in ItemType list.

tobi - Tuesday, August 24, 2010 7:39 AM:

The itemtype "part" comes with the (free) Product Engineering solution. It's included in the basic download. The installer asks you during setup whether you want to install only the core system or with the project, product and qs solution included.

It's on page 27 of the Installation Guide:

" Database Options –

Database Template - Select either Innovator Solutions or Innovator Core as the template to be used for the creation of the new database. The Innovator Core database contains only the core data structures of Aras Innovator. The Innovator Solutions database includes the core components plus additional data elements for the Program Management, Product Engineering and Quality Planning solutions. "

The name and type of database to be installed.

Yoann Maingon - Tuesday, August 24, 2010 11:12 AM:

Regarding your screenshot it doesn't look like your installation went well. You have some DFMEA objects so it's not the core-only install. And it seems that what you're showing is all you've got (Page 1 on 1). So try to reinstall it or let us know if anything went wrong during the install process.

lynax - Tuesday, August 24, 2010 10:15 PM:

oh, thank guys so much. I will try to re-install it.