This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SUPPORT Q&A - Just installed Aras -- Unexpected Server Side Error right after login dialog

jlfranks - Thursday, June 24, 2010 12:32 AM:

Just install Aras Innovator and dependents (IIS, SQL).

We are always throwing an error right after the login dialog. The application is not stable and locks up, likely due to the server side error.

Anyone know what I did wrong?

<html>
<head>
<title>The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.</title>
<style>
         body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;}
         p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px}
         b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px}
         H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red }
         H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon }
         pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em}
         .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;}
         .version {color: gray;}
         .error {margin-bottom: 10px;}
         .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }
</style>
</head>

<body bgcolor="white">

<span><H1>Server Error in '/InnovatorServer/NotificationServer' Application.<hr width=100% size=1 color=silver></H1>

<h2> <i>The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.</i> </h2></span>

<font face="Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif ">

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

Source Error:

<table width=100% bgcolor="#ffffcc">
<tr>
<td>
<code>

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.</code>

</td>
</tr>
</table>

Stack Trace:

<table width=100% bgcolor="#ffffcc">
<tr>
<td>
<code><pre>

[WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.]
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() +1126
   Aras.Tools.ProxyHttpWebRequest.GetResponse() +20
   Aras.Tools.ProxyPageHandler.InitializeProxySession(BaseRetargetProvider initialize_session_provider) +94
   Aras.Tools.ProxyPageHandler.UserNotificationsHandler_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +308
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +132
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2428
</pre></code>

</td>
</tr>
</table>

<hr width=100% size=1 color=silver>

Version Information:&nbsp;Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4927; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4927

</font>

</body>
</html>
<!--
[WebException]: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at Aras.Tools.ProxyHttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at Aras.Tools.ProxyPageHandler.InitializeProxySession(BaseRetargetProvider initialize_session_provider)
   at Aras.Tools.ProxyPageHandler.UserNotificationsHandler_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
[HttpUnhandledException]: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.
   at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at ASP.usernotifications_proxypage_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFramework64v2.0.50727Temporary ASP.NET Filesinnovatorserver_notificationserver39d695986209b3aeApp_Web_9gwfo7bb.0.cs:line 0
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
-->

<Please insert here description of the error>
SOAP Error -- Webpage Dialog
Unexpected Server Side Error Occurred

[email protected] - Wednesday, July 21, 2010 4:42 AM:

I had the same problem and have had a good look around.  It would appear that the ASP.NET State Service was set to manual startup in my services.  I did a start and the error has gone.  I have set this service to start automatically.  That seems to work.