This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SUPPORT Q&A - Update workflows / life cycles on items

jjl1 - Sunday, November 6, 2016 2:30 PM:

Hi, I am using Aras Innovator for my company and I have come across an issue regarding the life cycles and workflows not updating for items.

I have a Life Cycle Map and Workflow Map defined. I also have a specific ItemType defined that references the Life Cycle Map and Workflow Map. When I create items of that specific ItemType, a workflow and life cycle for that item is created. I can see this when I click on Views tab on the interface of an item.

However when I update the Life Cycle Map and Workflow Map, the previous items' lifecycles and workflows don't update. When I click on Views and select LifeCycle or Workflow, they don't change. Only when I create a new item does it use the new template. However I would like to change the life cycles and workflows of the old items to match the new templates.

Is there a way to do this? I have a few hundred items that need to be updated. Any help is appreciated.