This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

APPLICATION - PRODUCT ENGINEERING - Product models and parts

andmattia - Monday, October 3, 2016 6:27 AM:

Hi,

What we need is to be able to create a configuration of the car and link all the relevant BOM parts to this. So for example for next build Model_A want to configure all the parts applicable to this vehicle configuration. Would then need to be able to do this for different vehicle builds as required. If I am correct looks like I still need to create a top level part number in the BOM and link all the parts to it and then this  assembly part number is what is linked to the product. Is this reasoning correct.

If yes, how I can duplicate an existing assembly to change his BOM in line with  the model configuration?

Thanks

edonahue - Tuesday, October 11, 2016 3:50 PM:

Hi andmattia,

There is a great sample implementation of Variant configuration on the Aras Labs Github page that may be of use to you. I recommend that you fork/download it and check it out. 

Note: Variants are targeted to be addressed in a future release of Aras Innovator. Please see the Aras Public Roadmap for more information.

edonahue - Tuesday, October 11, 2016 3:54 PM:

Here's the link to the Github project: https://github.com/ArasLabs/variants