This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

APPLICATION - PRODUCT ENGINEERING - how to create a new revision after a workflow is closed?

Gang - Friday, September 23, 2016 11:11 AM:

Hi there,

We need to create a new revision for a CAD document which is included in a ECO, but that ECO is closed already. The current state of that CAD document is released. When I try to create a new revision, it says ---

This action cannot be performed on CAD '100071-001' because it is used on Simple ECO 'ECO-100019'

Any suggestions on how this should be resolved?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Gang

edonahue - Friday, September 23, 2016 3:44 PM:

Hi Gang,

Can you provide more information about how you are trying to create a new revision of the CAD document? If the CAD document is released, you should be able to add it to a new ECO to revise it/create a new revision.

Gang - Monday, September 26, 2016 10:06 AM:

Hi Eli,

Thank you checking on it. I tried to create a new revision through menu "actions->create new revision". 

Do you mean once a CAD document is added to a workflow even if that workflow is done the revision can only be changed through a new ECO?

Thanks for your time.

Best,

Gang

edonahue - Tuesday, October 25, 2016 5:20 PM:

Hi Gang,

Aras provides two options for handling document changes. You can either manually release and revise CAD documents, or you can use a change process item like an ECO. However, once a document has been added to a change process item, it can only be manually revised and released after the change process item is closed.

It sounds like there could be an issue with the ECO. Can you provide a screenshot of Simple ECO 'ECO-100019'?

Gang - Tuesday, October 25, 2016 5:46 PM:

Hi Eli,

Thank you checking on it. Here is the screenshoot of that CAD Document and the related ECO. This happens to all my CAD Documents tested.
I appreciate your time.

Best,
Gang

edonahue - Wednesday, October 26, 2016 11:17 AM:

Hi Gang,

I did a little more research on change process vs. manual versioning in Aras and I've revised my previous statement.

Aras provides two options for handling document changes. You can either manually release and revise CAD documents, or you can use a change process item like an ECO. However, once a document has been added to a change process item, it can only be manually revised and released after the change process item is closed. it can no longer be manually revised and released. Any future versioning of items should be done via another change process item.

If you would like to manually release and revise your CAD documents, I recommend doing so exclusively. Otherwise, you can continue using change process items to handle the revision process.

Gang - Wednesday, October 26, 2016 11:28 AM:

Hi Eli,

Thank you for the info.

All of our CAD Document are through the change process. Do you know which change process in Innovator can be used on CAD Document to create a new revision?

Thanks.

Best,

Gang