This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SUPPORT Q&A - Unable to View/Edit Class Structure

jblasius - Tuesday, August 16, 2016 3:19 PM:

We recently installed Aras 11.0 SP5 with Update 1.1 on the Open plan. I am unable to view or edit the Class Structure for an item. I tried following the example for the GeometricShape in the documentation, but when I click the Class Structure button, nothing happens. I've made sure the record is locked and I am logged in as an administrator. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeff

edonahue - Monday, September 19, 2016 3:31 PM:

Hi Jeff,

Can you confirm which application/package you installed to your Aras 11.0 SP5 instance with Aras Update 1.1? Could you also provide a link to the documentation referencing GeometricShape? I am not familiar with this particular ItemType. Thanks!

jblasius - Monday, September 19, 2016 4:03 PM:

I am not sure how to tell you which application/package was installed. I asked my IT department to install Aras and the 1.1 Update. Could it be "11.0.0.6296"?

Here is a snippet from the documentation for the sample GeomtricShape in the :

Home  >  Innovator Administration  >  ItemTypes  >  Class Structure

Class Structure

Each ItemType can contain a class structure of subclasses, many levels deep, where each subclass may have its own class specific properties and forms.  Each subclass inherits its parents class properties, and also may have its own. One of the purposes of classification is For these examples, we will be working with an ItemType called Geometric Shape. Let's first examine how to create a class structure.

To create a class structure:

1.                              From the ItemType Form click on the Class Structure button to bring up the Class Structure dialog:

edonahue - Friday, September 23, 2016 5:34 PM:

Hi Jeff,

Aras Update 1.1 is a tool that can be used for applying application packages to an Aras instance. Installing Aras Update itself on your server or client should not interfere with your Aras instance.

Are you currently trying to edit a built-in Aras ItemType, or are you trying to edit the class structure of a custom ItemType you created? If you are unable to modify the class structure of your custom ItemType, please try editing a built-in ItemType, like Part or Document. Let me know if the results are the same.