This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SUPPORT Q&A - Installing ARAS 11r5... SQL Server v12 "too low"!

john_uk - Friday, August 12, 2016 7:22 AM:

Hi All,

Have been trying to install Aras Innovator v11r5, however when it gets to the database creation phase, it creates an empty database with the specified name, and then pops up an error message showing

'Error 27504. SQL version requirements not met: [SERVERNAME]. This installation requires Microsoft SQL Server 9.99.1399 or later'

I am installing the database on SQL Server 2014 (SP1-CU6-OD) 12.0.4457.0 (X64), so am a bit confused about this error message!

Is there anything I can do for ARAS to recognise SQL 2014?

Thank you

John

edonahue - Friday, August 12, 2016 12:35 PM:

Hi John,

I've seen this error occur when a Windows update has been applied to SQL Server that changes the version number/name. You can confirm this is the problem by executing the SQL command "select @@version".

Typically the @@version function will return something like this: Microsoft SQL Server 2014 - 12.0.2000.8 (X64) ...

However, SQL server installations affected by one of these Windows updates will return something like this: Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (<SP#>) (<KB#>) - 12.0.2000.8 (X64) ...

To resolve this issue you can either roll back the latest SQL Server updates, or check for new updates. Either way, I recommend looking up the KB article before making any changes to your system.