This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SUPPORT Q&A - Problem with active directory

Zylboxx - Thursday, August 11, 2016 5:34 AM:

Hi,

I'm new in Aras Innovator and i want to connect it with an active directory. I followed the tutorial here : http://www.aras.com/support/documentation/9.1.0/Other%20Documents/Aras%20Innovator%209.1%20-%20Authentication%20Setup.pdf

But i have a problem for having the step 5. I don't understand why it doesn't work...  

Thank you for you help, i put my error below :

Server Error in '/InnovatorServer/Client' Application.

Could not load file or assembly 'Aras.LogonHooks.WindowsAuth' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Aras.LogonHooks.WindowsAuth' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Aras.LogonHooks.WindowsAuth' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = Aras.LogonHooks.WindowsAuth
 (Partial)
WRN: Partial binding information was supplied for an assembly:
WRN: Assembly Name: Aras.LogonHooks.WindowsAuth | Domain ID: 3
WRN: A partial bind occurs when only part of the assembly display name is provided.
WRN: This might result in the binder loading an incorrect assembly.
WRN: It is recommended to provide a fully specified textual identity for the assembly,
WRN: that consists of the simple name, version, culture, and public key token.
WRN: See whitepaper go.microsoft.com/.../ for more information and common solutions to this issue.
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Aras/Innovator/Innovator/Client/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = C:Program Files (x86)ArasInnovatorInnovatorClientin
Calling assembly : Aras.Web.Client, Version=11.0.0.6296, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=524d880b05474146.
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: C:Program Files (x86)ArasInnovatorInnovatorClientweb.config
LOG: Using host configuration file: C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFramework64v4.0.30319aspnet.config
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFramework64v4.0.30319configmachine.config.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: The same bind was seen before, and was failed with hr = 0x80070002.

Stack Trace: 

[FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Aras.LogonHooks.WindowsAuth' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]
   System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +0
   System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) +210
   System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean forIntrospection) +242
   System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +17
   System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +35
   Aras.Client.Core.ClientConfig.ParseXmlConfig(XmlDocument xmlConfig) in d:BuildsInnovator.Builds6296-Innovator-RELS11-0-SP5InnovatorCompilableCodeAras.Web.ClientClientConfig.cs:108
   Aras.Web.Configuration.ServerConfig.GetServerConfig(String cachedInstanceKey, CreateNewInstanceRT createNewInstance, Object[] parameters) in d:BuildsInnovator.Builds6296-Innovator-RELS11-0-SP5InnovatorCompilableCodeAras.Web.ConfigurationServerConfig.cs:74
   Aras.Client.Core.ClientConfig.GetServerConfig() in d:BuildsInnovator.Builds6296-Innovator-RELS11-0-SP5InnovatorCompilableCodeAras.Web.ClientClientConfig.cs:55
   ASP.scripts_login_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) +1183
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +131
   System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +40
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +150
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5363

edonahue - Friday, August 12, 2016 12:53 PM:

Hi Zylboxx,

Can you confirm which version of Aras Innovator you are using? The document you've linked is for Innovator 9.1 and is not compatible with Aras Innovator 11.0 or its service packs. 

Zylboxx - Wednesday, August 17, 2016 4:05 AM:

Hi,

I'm using the version 11.0 of Aras Innovator, but i haven't found anything concerning the connexion with an active directory for the version 11.0 that's why i tried with this old document ...

edonahue - Monday, September 19, 2016 3:26 PM:

Hi Zylboxx,

You can find the latest Windows Authentication Setup guide in the Documentation folder of the Aras Innovator install CD image. The CD image also includes the WindowsLogonHooks dlls required to configure Windows Authentication in Aras Innovator 11.0. 

If you do not have subscriber/partner access to the Aras Innovator install CD image, I recommend contacting the Aras Community team. They can help you get started with an Aras subscription and show you how to access the install CD image and documentation.