This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DEVELOPERS FORUM - Django Application integrating with ARAS Innovator

gchansc - Tuesday, August 9, 2016 10:57 AM:

Hi,

I got a Django Application (Python Framework) running, and I am looking into integrating with ARAS Innovator 11.

Does anyone had success or know what protocol is best-suit for this situation of integration?

Any expert suggestion or recommendation will be very useful.

Thank you very much!

edonahue - Thursday, August 11, 2016 10:04 AM:

Hi gchansc,

Can you provide a little more information on this integration? What type of functionality are you trying to implement?

gchansc - Sunday, August 21, 2016 11:52 AM:

Hi Eli,

Thank you for your reply and questions.

I am looking to see if I can getting data from Aras Innovator, such as BOM/MPP data, using some kind of connection like,  SOA/Restful Service? Is Aras suitable or support this integration?

Thank you for your expertise!

edonahue - Monday, September 19, 2016 3:19 PM:

Hi gchansc,

Third party integrations typically use Aras' IOM (Innovator Object Model) to request data from the server using JavaScript or C#. I don't have any specific samples for integrating Aras with Django at this time.

I recommend contacting the Aras Community team - they should be able to provide more information or put you in touch with someone on the Aras Professional Services team.

kzgs - Thursday, October 27, 2016 11:46 AM:

It is not recommended in the Programers Guide, but SOAP API seems to be available.

Yoann Maingon - Thursday, October 27, 2016 12:45 PM:

"not recommended" I don't think Aras discourages it.

It's the way to go if you are not running on a .net framework.

You can use a SOAP client library for Python : pypi.python.org/.../SOAPpy

Look at this thread : www.aras.comhttp:/.../648.aspx

Pascal Morenton from France made a simple but efficient integration between Catia and Aras Innovator using Visual Basic but without using the IOM. Pure SOAP request !