This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SOLUTION - PROGRAM MANAGEMENT - Total project percent complete

ejmoska - Monday, August 1, 2016 3:27 AM:

Hello friends,

In the aras Project management, we have percentage complete of each separate phase in the Project, but is there any way to view total percentage complete of the entire Project (All phases) on the main grid?

Thanks in advance!

edonahue - Tuesday, September 27, 2016 5:37 PM:

Hi ejmoska,

The root WBS item of each Project contains the cumulative percentage of activities completed for the project. You can add a new property to the Project ItemType to display the total percent completed and add a new OnBeforeAdd/OnBeforeUpdate server event to update the property. 

I have added a new property to my Project ItemType called percent_compl_15 and exposed it in the main grid. I've also added the following sample code as an OnBeforeAdd/OnBeforeUpdate server event on the Project ItemType. This ensures that the percent_compl_15 property always displays the latest status of the root WBS element.

C# Server event method:

string root_id = this.getProperty("wbs_id","");

if (root_id == "")

return this;

Item root = this.getInnovator().newItem("WBS Element","get");

root.setID(root_id);

root = root.apply();

if (root.isError())

return this;

this.setProperty("percent_compl_15",root.getProperty("rollup_percent_compl",""));

return this;