This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

APPLICATION - PRODUCT ENGINEERING - Workflow Reminder Emails not recognizing the "Open Assignments" target

Bryanjscott777 - Tuesday, July 5, 2016 10:11 AM:

Good morning,

I am having some difficulty understanding the Workflow reminder emails in our Aras Innovator 11 installation.  We are not on the subscription plan yet so I am manually running the “Send Email Reminders” action daily to test this workflow feature.

I currently have a notification associated to a workflow activity with (3) Assignments listed (Individual Identities not groups), the event is set to “On Remind” and the target is set to “Open Assignments”.  The interesting part is that if none of the 3 complete the task, I receive (9) email reminders on the first reminder day, if one person completes the task, I received (6) emails, if two people complete the task, I received (3) emails.

All assignments get at least one reminder email regardless if they already completed the task or not (contrary to the target of only “Open Assignments) but the number of emails does suggest that Aras understands that people have completed the task.

My thought is that with the “On Remind” event, Aras takes the “On Remind” for each person and sends a notification to all assignments without regard to the target being only “Open Assignments”

As a note, I tried not having an “On Remind” specific notification with only the standard “On Activate” notification and I did not receive any email reminders.

Can someone enlighten me as to how this function works or if I have something setup incorrectly?  I'm hoping that I have overlooked something simple here :)

Thank you in advance for reviewing this…

edonahue - Friday, July 15, 2016 4:54 PM:

Hi Bryan,

Could you provide a screenshot(s) of your workflow configuration so I can get a better idea of the configuration? Thanks!

Bryanjscott777 - Monday, July 18, 2016 9:24 AM:

Good morning Eli,

I have attached a screenshot of the workflow that I have been testing with, this workflow has (3) assignments.

Thank you so much for looking into this...

edonahue - Wednesday, July 20, 2016 2:53 PM:

Hi Bryan,

I did a little digging on this behavior, and it appears that you are experiencing a known issue in Innovator 11.0 that has since been resolved in versions 11.0 SP2 and newer. If you would like to test this functionality before you begin your subscription, you can download the installer for Innovator 11.0 SP5 and set up a test in the newer environment.

Bryanjscott777 - Wednesday, July 20, 2016 3:14 PM:

Good afternoon Eli,

Good information, we actually do have an 11.0 SP5 installation, but I haven't tried the reminder email test on it yet, I'll do that before the end of this week.

Another question on this subject, do I need to have an email notification setup with an "On Remind" event for the reminder emails to be sent?  My thought was that the Aras would send out these reminders based on/using the standard notification email setup in the workflow.

Thank you for taking the time to investigate this.

edonahue - Wednesday, July 20, 2016 4:10 PM:

Hi Bryan,

Yes, you will need to create OnRemind notifications and set up the Scheduler Service to have Innovator automatically send reminder emails based on the Workflow Activity's properties.

Bryanjscott777 - Tuesday, July 26, 2016 2:37 PM:

Hi Eli,

I finally had a chance to test this on our 11.0 SP5 installation, everything is working great!

Thank you again for looking into this and providing the solution, I likely never would have tried it on the newer instance if you had not mentioned it.

Bryan