This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

APPLICATION - PRODUCT ENGINEERING - Advanced search - Parts and Documents

BobG - Friday, June 24, 2016 11:07 AM:

Hello again

Question relating to advanced search of parts using relationships.

I'd like to display Parts that have a Document linked with Files attached.

I had thought I could use advanced search with itemtype = Part/Relationships/Part Document and Property = has_files but that isn't available.

Then I noticed 'Document' and 'Part Document' are separate itemtypes. Parts have a relationship to Part Documents, so where is the link between Documents and Part Documents? Confused.

(I did get it to show Parts with a Document linked with property Released = unticked; is there a way to show Parts with no document attached?)

Thanks!

Bob

CycleOp - Sunday, June 26, 2016 4:01 AM:

You could start by exposing the 'Part Document' relationship so it is accessible via the TOC.

To do that - from Administration select ItemTypes, and look for Part Document ItemType.

Then in TOC Access add a new line where the identity is something like "all employees", and select where to show this ItemType (or leave blank to show under the main TOC)

Unlock and save and you can view all parts that have documents.

Other manipulations are available too, but are more complex. See below what we usually use for such indications

Sagi Tikotski

[email protected]

edonahue - Tuesday, June 28, 2016 1:01 PM:

Hi BobG,

The easiest way to search for Documents with a related File is to search on the Document File relationship's criteria using an advanced search. In the screenshot below, you can see that I've chosen Document/Relationships/Document File as the ItemType to apply my search criteria to in the Advanced Search function on the document grid.

This approach allows all users with "get" access to search for Documents with related Files, and does not require any configuration changes to the TOC.

BobG - Friday, July 1, 2016 11:51 AM:

Hi Eli - this is useful, but in this case I'm looking to see which Parts have Documents with Files, not just which Documents have files. Thanks though :)

Sagi - your screenshot looks like exactly what I need! You say this is more complex - what's involved exactly?

Many thanks

Bob