This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DEVELOPERS FORUM - Automatic Vote in workflow

sagar_makhesana - Wednesday, April 16, 2014 8:42 AM:

Hello,

I checked  many same post that ask about the automatic workflow voting like

www.aras.comhttp:/.../31.aspx

www.aras.comhttp:/.../1337.aspx

But still I am posting the related post as I was not able to clear doubts.

[ 1 ] Scenario 

If the manager of an employee was not able to vote or approve any review task that should be voted automatically after the time [ for example 2 days ] and state of life cycle should be promoted as  Auto Approved so one can easily identify that it was approved by system.

[2] Life cycle :- I have created life cycle with following Details

States                                                                       

• Draft            
  • Submitted
  • Approved
  • Auto Approved 

[3] Work Flow :- 

My doubts regarding the automatic Activity in workflow are

(1) which activity should be set as Automatic Activity

[ In review or Auto Approved ]

(2) What are the Activity Properties to verify the time limit ?

[1] Expected Duration or [2] Time Out Duration

On which Activity this property should be set?

(3) Promotion for submitted to Auto Approved  can be trigger on which event

[ on Due ?? ]

(3)  in Review have two path here how it will choice the path of  Sent for auto Approve ? 

(4)  How do Aras calculate Due days ? It starts calculating days on the same day of Creation or the day when task will be in in-basket of manager?

Thanks in advance :-)

Brian - Sunday, May 11, 2014 9:34 PM:

Hi Sagar,

Activity that should be Automatic is "Auto Approve"

Activity property to specify time limit is "Expected Duration". After the Expected duration the "Time out duration" says how many days after the expected duration you are willing to wait before escalation. These should be set on "In Review" activity since this is the one that might not be voted on.

There is a method that comes with the out of the box system called "Check Escalations". In order for the expected duration times to be useful you need to run this method once a day. It will look for items that are overdue and action them based on the workflow configuration.

Have a look at how this method works and you should be able to create your own method that does similar things and then votes for the Auto review, or in fact just votes to approve without the "auto review" activity even being needed.

Have a look at this Wiki article on Programmatic Voting. It should tell you what you need to know about choosing the path to vote on.

It starts counting days from Active Date of the activity so when the activity appears in the In Basket. The expected duration and timeout duration are whole days.

I would be inclined to create a server method that you run every day that looks for overdue activities of a certain name and votes to auto approve them.

Hope this helps,

Brian.

sagar_makhesana - Thursday, May 15, 2014 8:26 AM:

Hello,

Thanks Brain for Help. I will Try  to solve as per your solution.

Sagar Makhesana