This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SUPPORT Q&A - changing language in aras innovator 9.0

tsahi - Wednesday, May 28, 2008 11:21 AM:

hi,

how can i change the language of aras innovator ?

i have added a Language and a Locale

but how do i switch users to the new locale?

thanks,

tsahi

Bill - Monday, June 2, 2008 9:56 AM:

I will be posting a formal document soon, outlining the language feature, amomg other things.

For now please review my powerpoint slides from the Aras Innovator Network Event on Marc's blog post at:

http://aras.comhttp://www.aras.com/Community/blogs/aras_user_blog/archive/2008/05/13/aras-community-network-spring-2008-highlights.aspx

I will summarize in brief to help, though.  In Aras Innovator 9, the client will load the locale specific language or configuration files automatically.  The locale that is loaded is controlled by the Language and Region settings of the computer the user logs in from.  If no language pack is loaded for the UI and/or Property values, the client will display the default English.

-Bill

Martin - Tuesday, July 8, 2008 11:11 AM:

Hello,

is the locale somehow connected to the date format (I guess so). With version 9 you can only choose between the given formats which are now Long date, short date etc.

The date format mm/dd/yyyy is quite unusual in europe where dd/mm/yyyy is the usual format. The date picker provided with the form editor gives always back the mm/dd/yyyy format, even if define the pattern for the field (property) like dd/MM/yyyy. Unfortunaly I haven't found a clue or description in any documentation how to change the date format in a form.

Any help is welcome

Thanks

Martin   

SamsAn - Wednesday, July 9, 2008 3:26 AM:

Hello.

If a 'native'  for your Windows culture (see Regional and Language Options Windows dialog) Innovator language exists Then
  Corresponding Windows short_date, short_date_time, etc. formats (see Customize Regional Options Windows dialog) are used to display dates inside Innovator Client.
Else
  short_date, short_date_time, etc. Neutral formats are used on Innovator Client.
End If

For example, let your Windows culture is "French (France)".
If Innovator Language with "fr" language code exists or fr-FR locale is mapped to any other language in Innovator Then
  Innovator long_date dates will be displayed like "mercredi 9 juillet 2008" (default format in Windows, but you can customize it in Windows too).
Else
    Innovator long_date dates will be displayed like "Wednesday, July 09, 2008".
End If

Martin - Wednesday, July 9, 2008 7:10 AM:

Hello,

thanks a lot worked perfect, and so simple :-) sometimes it's maybe to simple :-)

Martin