This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DEVELOPERS FORUM - ERROR COMES WHEN I CHANGE DEFAULT REVISION OF ARAS INNOVATOR

Abhishek Srivastava - Saturday, October 6, 2012 1:24 AM:

Hi Experts,

Hope all of you are fine, Friends In our system one error found regarding revision, Unfortunately i change in revision Default   ,     

Default : A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Default(Change): 1 2  A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

After save unlock close, my work was done succesfully, then i again change to previous state , I mean (A B C D......) but error occurs.

ERROR : A is specified in Revision and  you cannot change revision.

I tried again and again but this error comes again and again, so last option i restore the database , 

So can anyone tell me that is there any option . On the behalf of that we don't go for restore.

Please Help

Thanks.

Abhishek Srivastava

DavidSpackman - Sunday, October 7, 2012 7:40 PM:

Assuming you don't have any item types now using a revision of 1 or 2, you may be able to just directly modify the data in SQL?

Abhishek Srivastava - Sunday, October 7, 2012 10:52 PM:

First of All thanks David for reply,

Actually if we assume that there is no item type or we can say like that .......Means Default Revision not using in any item type on that time if we change like 1 or 2 then system will not give any type of error regarding revisions . Am I right David?

But  the current scenario is little bit different, Actually Default Revision using in many item type so in one item type(Document) . I purge one document which having the revision 2 in released state then after correction i released but revision change 1 to 2 so on that case i change the revision in Default. Document successfully released but when we change again Default as previous state then error comes.

So I restore database. But is there any option to correction of this type of error.

Thanks.

Abhishek