This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DEVELOPERS FORUM - Breakpoints in Workflow Process Path

Prasad90 - Monday, September 17, 2012 6:19 AM:

Hi,

When we connect activities using path while creating workflow process, we used to give breakpoints to avoid collisions between two paths and to make it simple and easy to understand.

Where does the information (like its x-position, y-position, no of breakpoints in a path) about these breakpoints are stored?

Thanks in Advance.

Brian - Thursday, September 20, 2012 8:37 AM:

Hi Prasad,

Not sure exactly what you mean. I think you are talking about being able to put corners/handles on the paths between activities.

Select the Path in the workflow editor. Right click and select "add breakpoint".

This will give you a handle that you can drag around to help make the workflow easier to understand.

The x, y position is part of the Path items that are related to the workflow.

Try to retrieve the workflow for PR using NASH or AML Studio so that you can see the structure of the Workflow.

Use AML like this:

<Item type='Workflow' action='get' levels='6'>
<name>PR</name>
 </Item>

to retrieve the Workflow structure.

Hope this helps,

Brian.

Prasad90 - Monday, September 24, 2012 6:03 AM:

Thanks Brain.

That AML did help me a lot.

I found a solution to my question:

Aras has following hierarchy of ItemTypes for workflow:

Workflow Map ->Workflow Map Activities -> Activities -> Workflow Map Path

where Underlined word is relationship.

Inside Workflow Map Path Itemtype there is a property called segements. When we add breakpoints on the GUI it adds values of X and Y position of the Breakpoints to the Segment property. For more than one breakpoint it uses '|' as separator.

For Example:

If we have added three breakpoints on a path between two activities in a workflow, with some x.y position as (567,45), (527,47), (542,11) it will add these values to the segment property as follows:

567,45|527,47|542,11