This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DEVELOPERS FORUM - italian language pack

Gianandrea - Monday, January 9, 2012 7:04 AM:

hi, i'm an italian student. I'm having a stage at  university, and the topic of the stage is to create the italian language pack for aras.

someone can help me and say me how i can start to do that?

thank you

Bill - Sunday, January 15, 2012 7:30 PM:

I have worked with several people on existing language packs.  Manymethods have been tried, but consistently feedback has been that the edits are best made in the context of the Item in the UI.  The reference is needed to understand how to translate each word in context.

To this end, I recommend starting with ItemTypes and Forms.  Section 4.1 "Manually Managing Language Packs in the Database" of the Aras Innovator 9.3 - Configuring Internationalization document contains a table that can act as a roadmap for what properties to translate.

http://www.aras.com/support/documentation/9.3.0/Other%20Documents/Aras%20Innovator%209.3%20-%20Configuring%20Internationalization.pdf

If you wish to share your language pack as a community project, Aras Support will be happy to provide further assistance to add this to the available community projects.  Contact [email protected] with the subject "Creating the Italian Language pack", and we will follow up with further assistance createing a language pack for open download.

-Bill

Yoann Maingon - Wednesday, January 25, 2012 7:41 AM:

Hi,

That would be great to have the italian language pack. We, at minerva, already delivered the French language and in order to do so we built a very simple tool part of our configuration tool called ConfInnovator ( http://goo.gl/aWouK ) . We can assist you and provide you with the software containing the translation module if you need. Send me an email if you want : [email protected]

Best,

Yoann

Gianandrea - Wednesday, February 8, 2012 6:27 AM:

I read the document, and it says:

"...you can import a language using the Aras Innovator Language Pack Management Utility"

where i can find this utility?

thanks.

Bill - Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:31 PM:

Focus PLM has shared their Italian Language Pack on the project site.

www.aras.com/.../project-view.aspx