This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DEVELOPERS FORUM - Innovator Server .NET language

eric_h - Wednesday, April 13, 2011 3:04 PM:

I have been digging in a little and getting familiar with the Innovator architecture. Although I don't have an urgent need to know this right now, I was curious if anyone knew what .NET language the core server is written in (C#, VB or JScript)? Or is it a mix and match of the various supported .NET languages? What about the client?

Thanks,

Eric

aknourenko - Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:26 PM:

Why is it important? Any .NET language is compiled into CIL, so in this sense they all are equivalent. As for standard IE client, it's html, JavaScript and embedded .NET controls (this is why a) .NET security settings are required to run the client; b) the current client runs on IE only). More important about Innovator architecture is that it allows building many different clients (and, in fact, Innovator is shipped with multiple clients - for instance, ExportImport or BatchLoader tools that are shipped with Innovator are Innovator "clients"). You can think about Innovator server as a web service that exchanges XML messages with its clients. What type of information request from the server and the presentation of the returned data is up to the client. Look at the IOM API at the API reference documentation; this API is designed to help users to build AML (Aras XML) requests to Innovator server, send them and parse returned AML.

eric_h - Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:33 PM:

Thanks. Actually, what you say makes sense, but was just curious. I am not a dev, but kind of figured you could mix and match the .NET languages. This actually helps.

Eric