This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SUPPORT Q&A - Cannot save into Vault

suzbandit987 - Tuesday, July 24, 2007 11:30 AM:

When I try to save a document into the vault I get an error message asking me if the address is correct.  The address is

myipaddress/.../vaultserver.aspx.  Is that correct?  Let's run through the obvious stuff here please.  Thanks in advance.

Bill - Tuesday, July 24, 2007 11:45 AM:

Okay, lets try the easiest one.

Is it a Microsoft Office Document?  If so, make sure to close the application it is associated with, and then try to vault the document.

Try vaulting just a simple .txt file instead, does that work?

Microsoft Office can sometimes leave a document in a state which prevents vaulting until the application that is currently editing the document is closed.  We are working on a modification to get around this issue, but for now the workaround is to simply close Word or Excel and then vault the file.

-Bill

suzbandit987 - Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:52 PM:

I have tried just a simple text document, before.   I never had the native application open in any case.  Still not working.  Thanks

Bill - Wednesday, July 25, 2007 2:24 PM:

Okay, lets try to take out the variable path parameters and confirm your config file.

1)      Log into Innovator as an administrator

2)      From the TOC, select AdministrationVaults

3)      Search for and edit the Default vault

4)      Replace

$[HTTP_PREFIX_SERVER]$[HTTP_HOST_SERVER]$[HTTP_PORT_SERVER]$[HTTP_PATH_SERVER]/vault/vaultserver.aspx
With
myipaddress/.../vaultserver.aspx

5)      Save, Unlock, and Close

6)      Logout

7)      On the server, edit the VaultServerConfig.xml file.

a.       The local path must exist.

<VaultServer>
  <AppServerURL>myipaddress/.../AppServerURL>
  <LocalPath>C:Arasvault</LocalPath>
  <login_name>vadmin</login_name>
  <password>vadmin</password>
  <name>Default</name>
  <version>8.1</version>
</VaultServer>

8)      Restart IIS on the server.

Any change?

suzbandit987 - Thursday, July 26, 2007 7:42 PM:

I did the things you suggested and still no change.  I still get and error message when I try to save a file to the vault, that says is the vault address correct?  Which I believe it is.  It is myipaddress/innovatorservervault/vaultserver.aspx.  Let me know what is next.  Thanks

Bill - Friday, July 27, 2007 10:32 AM:

From your previous posts, that address shoulf be correct.  (Except you forgot a slash)

Can you put this URL into Internet explorer, and tell me what the result it?

myipaddress/.../vaultserver.aspx

Thanks,

Bill

suzbandit987 - Monday, July 30, 2007 5:45 PM:

I get an error, "object reference not set to an instance of an object."

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Aras.Server.VaultServer.VaultServer.transform_url(String input_url, NameValueCollection table) +20
   Aras.Server.VaultServer.VaultServer.vaultserver_main1() +206
   Aras.Server.VaultServer.VaultServer.vaultserver_main() +110
   ASP.vaultserver_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) in C:Program FilesArasInnovatorVaultServerVaultServer.aspx:16
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +2113547
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +24
   System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +26
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +25
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +2113286
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +22
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1896

suzbandit987 - Thursday, August 2, 2007 1:30 PM:

I'm still having this same problems as seen above.  Thanks

Bill - Thursday, August 2, 2007 5:46 PM:

I can tell you that this means there is something wrong with the Vault virtual directory.  Exactly what?  I'm not sure. Would need to see your settings to determine.

There are a couple options to get the fastest resolution:

Uninstall and Reinstall - This will recreate all your virtual directories, and should take no more than an hour.  You can reuse the same URL and database.

Contact Aras support and begin a support incident - You can start a support incident, and get one of our support engineers to look over your installation to see what is causing the problem.

To initiate a support incident, simply email [email protected] and they will be happy to assist.

-Bill

Sergej - Sunday, April 19, 2009 6:33 PM:

I have the same problem,after Innovator 9.1.0 clean install.

Looks like it's 9.1.0 version problem...

PS: Is any bug-tracking system available for customers?

Yelena - Saturday, July 4, 2009 12:55 PM:

Bill,

I have the same problem with one users in Japan. He access Innovator through the CITRIX. But whem I login as him I do not have any problems. He started experiencing the problem after upgrade to 9.1. Any idea?

Sergej - Sunday, April 19, 2009 6:39 PM:

Works fine if adding to vault on server and through exeption on clients

Bill - Sunday, April 19, 2009 10:13 PM:

Sounds like a an issue with your host resolving.

Try hard coding the URL in your Default Vault Item based on machine nam and hardcode the URL in the VaultSreverConfig.xml similarly.

Access to the bug tracking system is limited to Subscribrs at this time.  To ask about subscriptions contact [email protected].

-Bill

zaharc - Tuesday, April 28, 2009 6:14 AM:

If you don't have problem on server but from client it not works, check that clients can access your server url like it writen in VaultServerConfig.xml

Sergej - Tuesday, April 28, 2009 3:49 PM:

URL is - innovatorvm/.../InnovatorServer.aspx

Result:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="schemas.xmlsoap.org/.../">
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<SOAP-ENV:Fault xmlns:af="www.aras.com/InnovatorFault">
  <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
  <faultstring>The Database is not available.</faultstring>
<detail>
  <af:legacy_detail>The Database is not available.</af:legacy_detail>
  </detail>
  </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
  </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

any ideas ? Thank for help

zaharc - Tuesday, April 28, 2009 4:59 PM:

This is OK. Because you don't provide parameters that this script expect to recive - you recive this error.

SamsAn - Thursday, April 30, 2009 7:38 AM:

It may be your proxy server does not support "chunked upload" also (takge moget bit' chto vash proxy server ne poddergivaet "chunked upload").

SamsAn.
Original Mind Any Level Innovator Solutions, http://sites.google.com/site/caraacc