Adding Method to check or validate a specific field.

Hello

I'm looking for a way that I can check or validate a specific field such as Product Code, Unit of Measurement, or etc. This check will not allow user to save part without this specific field empty. Thank you very much in advance for any feedback.

Regards,

Jakk

• Hi Jakk,

If you're just checking if the field is empty, you can set specific properties as required within the ItemType page. Each property has a "required" flag which you could set to true for the desired properties. 

If you're trying to do more like make sure the input fits a specific format, I'd recommend putting an "OnBeforeUpdate" event which runs your validation logic. This logic will run every time someone tries to save/update the assigned ItemType. 

AJ

• Hi AJ,

How are you doing? Actually we did that but due to new CAD Connector required us to have all the PLM required fields in the mapping rules and it caused us some issue. We thought about working around uncheck the required fields and tried to use method to validate when these noted fields are empty. I have never done coding in PLM before. I looked through the Aras programming guide and kind of lost my mind. By the way thank you very much for your reply. 

Regards,

Jakk