Install two instances of Aras V11 in the same machine

オフライン

Hello All,

I have installed an instance of Aras Innovator V11 SP15 with the following url : http://MachineName/InnovatorServerOne/Client, using create a new database (dbOne) during installation.
what i want to do is adding or installing another instance (InnovatorServerTwo) of Aras V11 SP15 in the same machine using a database (dbTwo) that already exist.

Is there any idea please on how to add this second instance with the following url :http://MachineName/InnovatorServerTwo/Client  ?

Parents
  • Hi Mouad,

If your goal is having two seperate 11sp15 databases, I would recommend just adding an additional <DB-Connection> tag within your innovatorserverconfig.xml file, which can be located in the root of your aras installation. This will allow you to log into both databases from a your "innovatorServerOne" url.

If you'd like to have two separate instances, you'll have to modify the GUID of the installer process to load an additional instance to your machine. Subscribers have access to the CD image which contains a changeGUID.exe file within the utilities folder. Dragging the installer on top of this executable will change the GUID of its installer, allowing for a parallel download. Just ensure that when you're running through the installer that you're giving everything unique names.

AJ

• Hi Mouad,

If your goal is having two seperate 11sp15 databases, I would recommend just adding an additional <DB-Connection> tag within your innovatorserverconfig.xml file, which can be located in the root of your aras installation. This will allow you to log into both databases from a your "innovatorServerOne" url.

If you'd like to have two separate instances, you'll have to modify the GUID of the installer process to load an additional instance to your machine. Subscribers have access to the CD image which contains a changeGUID.exe file within the utilities folder. Dragging the installer on top of this executable will change the GUID of its installer, allowing for a parallel download. Just ensure that when you're running through the installer that you're giving everything unique names.

AJ

Children
  • オフライン in reply to AJ Sebastian

Hello AJ Sebastian,

Thanks for your reply,

the goal is to have two separate instances, means two different url (InnovatorServerOne, InnovatorServerTwo) and two different Vault directories.

The first solution that you have proposed allow just to log into both databases using the same url (InnovatorServerOne).

By the way i have executed the file specifying the full path to the installer using Administrator command prompt : ChangeGUID <path>\InnovatorSetup.msi  but nothing  happens.

ChangeGUID.exe is it comaptible with windows server 2016 ?

• オフライン in reply to mouad

The executable should be compatible with windows server 2016. The way I normally achieve this is by dragging the innovatorSetup.msi file on top of the executable(which can be found in the utilities folder). The result looks something like this:

Once you drag and drop, the executable quickly runs in the background, and upon opening the msi file you'll be prompted for a fresh install. 

Thank you so much AJ Sebastian for your help, its works fine with this option 100

Hello AJ Sebstian, I have tried your solution and have linked 2 databases in one Innovator Instance. On my default database I have no problem using vault, yet when I switch to 2nd database I am not able to open files. How do you "connect:" database to vault ? 

Best regards

Lukasz

• オフライン in reply to LukSor

Hi LukSor,

Each database has it's own vault by default. This can be found (default location) at c:/aras/vaults/[DBNAME]. If you've added a second database it's looking for a vault at that location. Unless you've manually created one, it won't exist. For testing purposes, the easiest path forwards is to create a copy of the vaultfolder and rename it the same as your new database.

AJ

Hello again, thanks for your last reply.

I have installed second instance of Innovator. One works on https, second one on http.

Do you know if is it possible to setup Agent Service and Conversion Server for the second instance ? They work ok on original environment.

• オフライン in reply to LukSor

Hi LukSor,

It is definitely possible, the important part is making sure you are installing the Agent Service components when you're installing your second instance. You'll have to set up a second Agent Service with a unique name. 

AJ