aras install on 2012r2

Hi,

I installed Aras on windows server 2012 R2.  Also downloaded >NET 4.7.2 as specified on the install but getting a message saying it is already installed. 

When I try to login to Aras, I am getting the error below.   Any input on how to fix this? 

Thank you very much for the help.

Pf

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The 'targetFramework' attribute in the <compilation> element of the Web.config file is used only to target version 4.0 and later of the .NET Framework (for example, '<compilation targetFramework="4.0">'). The 'targetFramework' attribute currently references a version that is later than the installed version of the .NET Framework. Specify a valid target version of the .NET Framework, or install the required version of the .NET Framework.

Source Error:

Line 82:         </clientTarget>
Line 83: 
Line 84:         <compilation>
Line 85:             <assemblies>
Line 86:                 <add assembly="mscorlib" />

Source File: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Config\web.config    Line: 84

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.8.4075.0

• Pf,

Thank you for including the details of the error! It looks like there was already a version of Microsoft .NET on your computer, but that version was 4.0.3. Since there was a version of .NET, this explains the message you received when you tried to install .NET 4.7.2, and 4.7.2 wasn't installed. In this case though, Aras Innovator expects the later version. I would uninstall .NET, then once it's clean install 4.7.2. If that fails, I suspect troubleshooting that failure before proceeding with the Aras Innovator install will be more successful.

Especially if you haven't do anything other than install it, I would anticipate that uninstalling Aras Innovator before installing .NET 4.7.2 and then reinstalling them in order would help. Since Aras Innovator relies on .NET 4.7.2, it's just good practice.

Skyler C.