Promotions in Life cycles through workflow maps

Dear community,

I am having problems with the promotions of my item type "Documents". Document is an item type which aims at regrouping various documents of our company. A Lifecycle has been created to describe the different states of these documents:

As you can see on the picture above, a workflow has been assigned to this lifecycle.

Under the "promotions" tab of the workflow I added the transition states relative to the lifecycle:

However, once I go to "my InBasket" and complete the task as "Reviewed", the Lifecycle state remains in the "In work" state. 

How can I manage to get the "Review" state once I reviewed the task? 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Florian

• Hi Florian,

I think the issue you're running into is that the ItemType property on your Promotion is set to Life Cycle State. This property should be set to the ItemType that should be promoted, in this case Document. Making that change and testing the workflow on a new Document should be enough to see the behavior you're expecting.

I also see a problem with the way the Workflow and Life Cycle are currently designed. You have the Workflow property on your Reviewed Life Cycle State set to the workflow that you created. What this property does is launch the linked workflow when the item is promoted to that Life Cycle State. When a Document is promoted to Reviewed, it will launch the workflow, but the workflow is also set to promote the Document to Reviewed.

A potential workaround for this would be to clear the Workflow from your Reviewed Life Cycle State and simply have the Workflow launch when the item is created by setting the Default flag on the workflow relationship of the Document ItemType. 

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Hello Chris,

Thank you very much for your help and quick reply! I'm glad to see it working now. I also followed your advice regarding the default setting. Alternatively, I will delete the workflow property in the Life cycle.