How to roll-up cycle times and costs of MBOM in Aras MPP Process Plans?

At the moment, we can add cycle times and setup times to operations, and cycle times to steps. But this information does not display anywhere once entered. That is fine, but at least if there was the ability to roll-up the cycle times of all the operations in the Process plan, taht would be great. Has anybody attempted this on their isntances?

On a similar vein, the phantoms and MBOM only parts consumed have costs associated with them (for ex. I intend to have 'Material' category parts in the MBOM (we use polyureethanes for casting) as the quantity and hence the cost of the material is a process parameter and not an EBOM item. Is there any way to roll-up the 'MBOM cost'? Would appreciate if anybody could point me in the direction of how to set this up

Regards

Sachin

• Hi venkatsai,

have you tried the approach similar to the Files flag already? You can literally copy most of the involved Methods. You mainly have to change the SQL procedure to sum up the timing instead of setting a flag to 1/0.

I have to say that I right now do not want to encourage people to use MPP in the current state. While the basic concept is fine, MPP contains a few fundamental bugs that affects system performance and correctness of data. Please write an email to Aras support were you support all MPP related issues reported by Angela (they will know). Please also let your direct Aras contacts (sales, product management,...) know, that you are highly interested in using MPP, but it´s urgent that Aras enhances the application to make it production usable.

Encourage all users interested in MPP to do the same! We all will benefit from a well working application. Aras needs to know that there are people interesting in using MPP. Right now it´s unfortunately not at the roadmap. The current roadmap strategy is still further bloating innovator, instead of making the existing stuff work. 

Many thanks!

Angela