How to roll-up cycle times and costs of MBOM in Aras MPP Process Plans?

At the moment, we can add cycle times and setup times to operations, and cycle times to steps. But this information does not display anywhere once entered. That is fine, but at least if there was the ability to roll-up the cycle times of all the operations in the Process plan, taht would be great. Has anybody attempted this on their isntances?

On a similar vein, the phantoms and MBOM only parts consumed have costs associated with them (for ex. I intend to have 'Material' category parts in the MBOM (we use polyureethanes for casting) as the quantity and hence the cost of the material is a process parameter and not an EBOM item. Is there any way to roll-up the 'MBOM cost'? Would appreciate if anybody could point me in the direction of how to set this up

Regards

Sachin

Parents
  • I haven´t tried it yet, but I am pretty sure Steps can be customized the same way. Just try to get a feeling of how Aras names stuff in Innovator.
    When the Method 'mpp_OperationElementRenderer' renders our Operations, how would you call a Method that renders 'Steps'? :-)

Quote: "...the operational cycle time is the sum of the cycle times of the steps right?". There is no right or wrong answer, but I would calculate it this way. If you change a step, it has direct influence to the parent levels 
    Steps are Relationships of Operations. And Operations are Relationships of ProcessPlans. So I would just rollup this structure.

For the rollup there are two option: Do you just want to display the sum (on demand calculation) or do you want to store the value in the database?

• Hey Angela, I thought along the same ways and manged to get a hold of mpp_stepelementrenderer method. Have made similar mods there , at least for the WIS so far, and works well (I did however not like the fact that adding a new variable for the timing entered that text in the WIS in the next line to the Step title. So I added the cycle-time property capture in the 'Stepcaption' variable instead - seems to work and nothing has exploded yet. So sticking to it for now)

For the time roll-up, level 1 feature request would be of course just sum up and display. But If i need to meaningfully roll-up the times and then use it to do labour costing for a particular process, having access to that data stored in DB would be necessary i think

• Hey Angela, I thought along the same ways and manged to get a hold of mpp_stepelementrenderer method. Have made similar mods there , at least for the WIS so far, and works well (I did however not like the fact that adding a new variable for the timing entered that text in the WIS in the next line to the Step title. So I added the cycle-time property capture in the 'Stepcaption' variable instead - seems to work and nothing has exploded yet. So sticking to it for now)

For the time roll-up, level 1 feature request would be of course just sum up and display. But If i need to meaningfully roll-up the times and then use it to do labour costing for a particular process, having access to that data stored in DB would be necessary i think

Children
No Data