How to roll-up cycle times and costs of MBOM in Aras MPP Process Plans?

At the moment, we can add cycle times and setup times to operations, and cycle times to steps. But this information does not display anywhere once entered. That is fine, but at least if there was the ability to roll-up the cycle times of all the operations in the Process plan, taht would be great. Has anybody attempted this on their isntances?

On a similar vein, the phantoms and MBOM only parts consumed have costs associated with them (for ex. I intend to have 'Material' category parts in the MBOM (we use polyureethanes for casting) as the quantity and hence the cost of the material is a process parameter and not an EBOM item. Is there any way to roll-up the 'MBOM cost'? Would appreciate if anybody could point me in the direction of how to set this up

Regards

Sachin

Parents
  • I am famous for writing long exhausting texts that are hard to follow at a certain poin.  But hey, the answer was fast! :-). The above text is really just a collection of ideas, it should be splitted in serveral small tasks. 

But you do not really need programming knowledge for this kind of customization, you just need to know where you can find things.

Displaying the cycle time is one of the first things I would do to solve the task.I made a quick and dirty test, as I also need this customization anyway. But it still needs further testing:

Take a look at the Method 'mpp_OperationElementRenderer'

Around line 45 add additional code for displaying the timing in the process plan:

RenderStartHtmlElementfunction(/*WrappedObject*/ schemaElement, /*Object*/ elementState) {
                var startHtml = this.inherited(arguments);
                var detailsButtonContent = elementState.isDetailsEmpty && elementState.isEditable ?
                    this.wrapInTag('''img', {class'ExpandDetailsButton', src: '../../images/EditItem.svg', title: this.resourceStrings.editDetails}) : '';
                var operationCaption = this.wrapInTag(schemaElement.nodeName + ' ' + schemaElement.getProperty('sort_order') +
                    ' : ' + schemaElement.getProperty('name') + detailsButtonContent, 'div', {class'OperationCaption'});
                var timing = "Setup time: " + schemaElement.getProperty('setup_time') + "min, Cycle time: " + schemaElement.getProperty('cycle_time') + "min";
                return startHtml + operationCaption + timing;
            },
    Around line 315 add additional code for displaying the timing in the side bar:
       GetTreeNamefunction(/*WrappedObject*/ schemaElement, /*Object*/ elementState) {
                var elementName = '';

if (elementState.isBlocked) {
                    elementName = this.resourceStrings.itemIsBlocked;
                } else if (!elementState.isEmpty) {
                    var itemName = schemaElement.getProperty('name');
                    elementName = schemaElement.getProperty('sort_order') + (itemName ? ' : ' + itemName : '');
                    var timing = "(" + schemaElement.getProperty('setup_time') + "min / " + schemaElement.getProperty('cycle_time') + "min)";
                    elementName += " " + timing
                }

return this.wrapInTag(elementName, 'span', {class'ArasXmlSchemaElementTypeNode'});
            }
  • オフライン in reply to AngelaIp

Is it also possible to display the cycle times of the steps in this fashion? Right now it only shows for the operations

Reply Children
No Data