What happened to the Report Designer of the XSLT Report Tool?

Hi,

I found this historic document from 2007 describing how to use the XSLT Report Tool in Aras Innovator 8.1.

https://www.aras.com/support/documentation/8.1.1/Other%20Documents/Aras%20Innovator%208.1%20-%20XSLT%20Report%20Tool%20Users%20Guide.pdf

I really like the document! It's like a journey through time. Back to a time when software was all designed in the same standard gray color. 

And I also made an interesting discovery. In the past, the report buider included some kind of report designer for the Stylesheet!

Does anybody know what happended to the Report Designer? It´s was available till Aras Innovator 9.3, but suddenly disappeard in version 9.4 (2013) and never was seen again. 

Is it still available somewhere in Aras?

Best regards!

Angela

Parents
  • Hi Angela,

I haven't seen the report designer in my years at Aras, so I think this tool was probably discontinued for a reason. Maybe a compatibility issue as Aras adopted more modern technologies? 

Either way, this use case could be an interesting community project.

Eli

Eli Donahue

Aras Labs Lead Engineer

• Hi Angela,

I haven't seen the report designer in my years at Aras, so I think this tool was probably discontinued for a reason. Maybe a compatibility issue as Aras adopted more modern technologies? 

Either way, this use case could be an interesting community project.

Eli

Eli Donahue

Aras Labs Lead Engineer

Children
No Data