Innovator license - Service pack

Hi, I have recently installed Innovator SP14 and I used a license key from the old SP12 installation (which I think was probably a mistake). I only noticed that the actual version was SP12 after doing some work. Now I would like to make sure that I migrate to the SP14 version as efficiently as possible (without having to redo the work and ideally without redoing the installation). Here is what I'm supposing ;
  1. I don't see a reason why I have the SP12 other than using the old license key.
  2. If 1. is accurate, then changing the license key without having to reinstall Innovator would solve my problem (not sure if that is possible).
  3. If 2. is not possible, I suppose I would have to export all my work, redo the installation using an SP14 key and reimport the work.
I would appreciate anyone able to shed some light on these points. Cheers, Mohamed
  • Hi Mohamed,

It sounds like the issue here is an install or configuration issue rather than a licensing issue. I recommend reaching out to Aras Support ([email protected]), as they can review your setup and help you troubleshoot the issue.

However, for you and the community, here's a little background info on Aras licenses:

Aras Innovator uses two different types of licenses - framework licenses and feature licenses. The framework license is provided via the license request page on the Aras website during the install process. It is specific to the MAC address of the server and the major release version of the Aras instance (10.0 SPx, 11.0 SPx, etc). The framework license lives in your instance's InnovatorServerConfig.xml file and looks something like this:

<License lic_type="Unlimited" lic_key="{guid key here}" act_key="{guid key here}" company=""/>
    Framework licenses can be reused if you have multiple Aras installations of the same major release version on the same server.
    On the other hand, feature licenses are keys provided as part of an Aras subscription for certain features and functionality. These are activated in the database.
    Hope this helps!
    Eli

Eli Donahue
    Aras Labs Lead Engineer