Enterprise Search

Good afternoon, Should Enterprise Search index the contents of PDF files? Thanks, RIchard
Parents
  • Thanks Eli! I installed it last week - 3 zookeepers, 3 Solr nodes, 1 search agent and 1 search file processor. This morning it finally started showing PDF contents with the search term highlighted.  Very cool. I think I messed up some port information when setting up the Solr cluster, the Enterprise Search Installation Guide for SP12 has a few confusing parts with nodes/shards.  I will have to open a support incident and try to sort it out. 12 VM's total for ARAS is a bit more than we envisioned when we started on this adventure, but when you have the database, vault, web app/IIS and conversion server all separated the speed is AMAZING compared to a single server install.   Thanks, RIchard
  • Thanks Eli! I installed it last week - 3 zookeepers, 3 Solr nodes, 1 search agent and 1 search file processor. This morning it finally started showing PDF contents with the search term highlighted.  Very cool. I think I messed up some port information when setting up the Solr cluster, the Enterprise Search Installation Guide for SP12 has a few confusing parts with nodes/shards.  I will have to open a support incident and try to sort it out. 12 VM's total for ARAS is a bit more than we envisioned when we started on this adventure, but when you have the database, vault, web app/IIS and conversion server all separated the speed is AMAZING compared to a single server install.   Thanks, RIchard
Children
No Data