Handle resources in Aras Project Management possible?

Hi, We have Parts/Products in the PLM, that require additional testing until the product is ready for production. We currently evaluate, what´s the best way to organize these tests. The Aras Project Management feature might be a suitable solution, as it can easily be used to schedule and define certain Activities. In our case, some of the Activities require additional resources to be completed. These can be special measurement equipment or personal to handle the tests. Some of these resources are limited and can not be used more than once at the same time (e.g. heat chamber). I have to admit, that resource planning may not be something, that is typically done by a PLM system. But in our case it would be a helpful feature, as people don´t have to leave the PLM environment for creating and planning new products. Managing tests in the PLM would also help to insure the traceability back to the requirements that are used as basis for the test plans. Is it currently possible to do some basic resource planning in the current Project Management release? Or are there any other options in Aras available that can be used for this task? Thanks again! Angela
Parents
  • Hi Primož, proper visualization is essential for Resource Management. My current screenshot showing the calender was just a quick idea. But maybe it´s better to extend the current capabilites of the Gantt chart. I made some checks in the Code tree. The current Gantt chart in Aras revers to ../Client/Solutions/Project/scripts/Gantt.html and ../Client/Controls/Experimental/_gantt Standard Aras only use a limited amount of the possible functions the dojox toolkit provides. This folder seems to contain the complete dojox.gantt options, incl. ResourceItems. ../Client/javascript/dojox/gantt I just have little experience with dojox. But I think there are many examples out there that help to understand how to use this. And I also expect, that many other Aras user would be interested in such a solution as seen in your links. Best regards Angela
  • Hi Primož, proper visualization is essential for Resource Management. My current screenshot showing the calender was just a quick idea. But maybe it´s better to extend the current capabilites of the Gantt chart. I made some checks in the Code tree. The current Gantt chart in Aras revers to ../Client/Solutions/Project/scripts/Gantt.html and ../Client/Controls/Experimental/_gantt Standard Aras only use a limited amount of the possible functions the dojox toolkit provides. This folder seems to contain the complete dojox.gantt options, incl. ResourceItems. ../Client/javascript/dojox/gantt I just have little experience with dojox. But I think there are many examples out there that help to understand how to use this. And I also expect, that many other Aras user would be interested in such a solution as seen in your links. Best regards Angela
Children
No Data