Promotion issue

Hello Guys,

Can you suggest me solution for Promotion issue for below life cycle sate create state?

Some time user not able promote(Error is No promotion is available ) lifecycle sate for above life cycle from create to Review state.

But after restarting server user able promote life cycle  . but is root causes of this issue?

Regards

Ashok Kumar Yadav.

Parents
  • First at all: Restyle it so it becomes a pentagram. That doesn´t help to solve the problem - but it looks cool and somehow fits your question.

Second: Which Innovator version do you use?

Third: Test server or main server? Have you manipulated the SQL db manually? (like editing the state property?)

• オフライン in reply to AngelaIp

Thank for reply  Angelalp,

Aras innovator version is 12 and service pack 9

Right now test at main server at same machine.  No  i do not manipulated the SQL db manually.

• It´s strange that promotion work after restarting the server. LifeCyle promotion is a very reliable feature in Innovator once it´s set up correctly.

1. I see that you use Identity "Creator" and "Component Engineer". Are your users assigned to these Identities?

2. Does your permission allow users to "update" the item?

3. Are all of your items affected? Or does promotion just fail for a few specific ones?

I asked for SQL, cause the state you see is sometimes not the state you really have. And this would lead exactly into the behavior you describe.

This can happen when you change 'state' in SQL database manually to "repair" something. Or if you have used some of the admin functions.

4. Do you have used "Set default lifecycle" or "Reset permission" for some of your items? When you use the history, you could see it there.

Thank for Reply

1. I see that you use Identity "Creator" and "Component Engineer". Are your users assigned to these Identities?

Ans :Yes

2. Does your permission allow users to "update" the item?

Ans :Yes

3. Are all of your items affected? Or does promotion just fail for a few specific ones?

Ans : It is fail for Manufacture Parts only

I asked for SQL, cause the state you see is sometimes not the state you really have. And this would lead exactly into the behavior you describe.

Ans : it is same as I see.

This can happen when you change 'state' in SQL database manually to "repair" something. Or if you have used some of the admin functions.

Ans :  I did not change Manually  in SQL

4. Do you have used "Set default lifecycle" or "Reset permission" for some of your items? When you use the history, you could see it there.

Ans Yes

Can you please suggest me  Solution?

Regards

Ashok Kumar Yadav

• Do you have really assigned this LifeCycle to your item? Do you use alternative LifeCycles?

Do you have changed the Lifecycle a couple of times? Maybe even removed and then inserted the same state?

Have you already tried the "Resett LifeCycle" / "Set Default LifeCycle" action? These two are typically used to repair a corrupted lifecycle on already existing items.

Does your users have update permission for the item?

Also check in your map if the identities really fit the shown pathes. Inside the editor the labels sometimes jump around and what you see might be wrong.

Thank for reply

Do you have really assigned this LifeCycle to your item? Do you use alternative LifeCycles?

Ans : Yes I have assigned this LifeCycle to my item, I did not use alternative LifeCycles?

Do you have changed the Lifecycle a couple of times? Maybe even removed and then inserted the same state?

Ans: Yes

Have you already tried the "Resett LifeCycle" / "Set Default LifeCycle" action? These two are typically used to repair a corrupted lifecycle on already existing items.

Ans Yes

Does your users have update permission for the item?

Also check in your map if the identities really fit the shown pathes. Inside the editor the labels sometimes jump around and what you see might be wrong.

Ans: Yes  My Map identities really fit the shown pathes

•  Maybe even removed and then inserted the same state?

---

Really yes? 

Does your bug only appear on existing items or also on new ones? If new ones are no problem, your modifications may have crashed the existing ones.

Add the field "current_state" to your Form. It contains the id of the state. Check if there are different ids for the "same" state.

What Form ?

Form of Item or LifeCycle

• Item. You right now probably display the "state", but this one is just a kind of "label" for the "current_state". If current_state shows different values for the same "state" this would be a reason for your not working promotions.

Reply Children