Innovator Admin - loading data from flat file

Hi, Is there any possibility with Innovator Admin tool loading data from a flat file into Aras Innovator? How do I reference to the data file? I know this is possible with Batch Loader like this example <Item type="LT_OEM" where="lt_oem_code='@1'" action="merge"> <lt_oem_code>@1</lt_oem_code> <lt_oem_name>@2</lt_oem_name> <description>@3</description> </Item>
Parents
  • Unfortunately, there is no such functionality currently.  The reason is that creating a UI that is both simple and powerful for transforming a file into AML is complicated.  What I generally do for this is
    1. In Excel, create a column next to the data that contains a formula which generates the AML.  The one caveat with this approach is that you need to remember to properly encode your values (e.g. replace & with &amp;).  If you are starting with a SQL table, you could also write your SQL statement to generate AML with the same caveat.
    2. Once you have all of your AML, paste it into Innovator Admin inside of a single <AML></AML> tag.
    3. Use the menu next to the Run button to select Run Batch... to execute the AML in reasonably-sized batches to optimize performance
  • Unfortunately, there is no such functionality currently.  The reason is that creating a UI that is both simple and powerful for transforming a file into AML is complicated.  What I generally do for this is
    1. In Excel, create a column next to the data that contains a formula which generates the AML.  The one caveat with this approach is that you need to remember to properly encode your values (e.g. replace & with &amp;).  If you are starting with a SQL table, you could also write your SQL statement to generate AML with the same caveat.
    2. Once you have all of your AML, paste it into Innovator Admin inside of a single <AML></AML> tag.
    3. Use the menu next to the Run button to select Run Batch... to execute the AML in reasonably-sized batches to optimize performance
Children
No Data