Project Plan updation Query

オフライン
hi, i created one project plan having two activity A and B, In which Activity A is Predecessor of Activity B activity      predecessor       plan start             plan finish       duration A                                      12/28/2017          12/28/2017            1 B                   A                 12/29/2017          12/29/2017            1 if i complete Activity A two days after plan start date of A (on 12/30/2017) then as Activity B is successor of A , how to update plan start of Activity B automatically to next day of Activity A completion Date? ( 12/31/2017)
  • Hello, There are a couple ways to accomplish this depending on how you expect the logic of the scheduling to work. The first would be to make no change at all. The dates in the project plan are intended to be expected start and end dates with the actual dates being specified in the project completion dialog. If a predecessor activity is overdue, the next activity is also overdue and should be marked as such. Alternatively, if you want the project plan to be dynamic, you could write an onAfterUpdate server event to increase the duration of the activity by the number of extra days it took to complete the activity. After making that change, the project plan should automatically reschedule based on the new duration which will push the start date of Activity B that many days forward. We don't currently have any examples of how to accomplish this, but if you have any specific questions while you work on the implementation, you can ask them here. Chris __________________________________ Christopher Gillis Aras Labs Software Engineer
  • オフライン
    hi Christopher Gillis thanks for your reply , If I get any question while implementation, I will ask in the forum.