What is type / revision effectivity and how it is used in Aras ?

Hi all , I know about date and unit effectivity. But can anyone explain me about type / revision effectivity and how it can be used in Aras BOM ? Thanks for help !
Parents
  • Hi Ketan, Here is a link to a demo video on Configuration & Change Management in Aras. Hope this helps! Eli
    Eli Donahue Aras Labs Software Engineer
  • Eli - I reviewed the demo you shared but could find the details what I am looking for. The heading of this thread seems closer to my question so I am responding in this thread. I am trying to understand the 'Effective' search criteria provided on main search screen. 

• Created a Document (AKS10) and set Effective Date to 2/19/2019
    • I have another Document (AKS11) where I have not set Effective Date
    • Now when I search for Document in main search window with Effective Date as Today (2/5/2019), I don’t see either documents (AKS10 or AKS11). My expectation was that both should show up since AKS10 is Effective till 2/19/2019 and AKS11 doesn’t have any end date for Effective Date field. Shouldn’t the search should return all the documents where current date =< the effective date? If that is not the behavior then can you elaborate what is expected behavior for ‘Effective’ search condition?
    • When I search for ‘Current’ then system shows me both of my Documents (AKS10 & AKS11)

Can you explain me what is the expected behavior when I search by Effective Date? Attaching the step-by-step document which I have used in my usecase.

Thanks a lot for your help.

• Eli - I reviewed the demo you shared but could find the details what I am looking for. The heading of this thread seems closer to my question so I am responding in this thread. I am trying to understand the 'Effective' search criteria provided on main search screen. 

• Created a Document (AKS10) and set Effective Date to 2/19/2019
    • I have another Document (AKS11) where I have not set Effective Date
    • Now when I search for Document in main search window with Effective Date as Today (2/5/2019), I don’t see either documents (AKS10 or AKS11). My expectation was that both should show up since AKS10 is Effective till 2/19/2019 and AKS11 doesn’t have any end date for Effective Date field. Shouldn’t the search should return all the documents where current date =< the effective date? If that is not the behavior then can you elaborate what is expected behavior for ‘Effective’ search condition?
    • When I search for ‘Current’ then system shows me both of my Documents (AKS10 & AKS11)

Can you explain me what is the expected behavior when I search by Effective Date? Attaching the step-by-step document which I have used in my usecase.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Children