How to check from_state, to_state in onBeforePromote/onAfterPromote event method

オフライン

Hi Team,

I know that I can check from_state & to_state in 'Pre Method' & 'Post Method' event of Life Cycle Transition by check context item.

Is it possible to check from_state / to_state even in onBeforePromote / onAfterPromote event method ?

Parents
  • Hi Nini,

I do not know how to do this from an onXYPromote event without building a massive query. But have you thought about using your Method directly in the Lifecycle? You can add Methods to the Life Cycle transition to either run before or after lifecycle change. This is pretty the same as onBeforePromote/onAfterPromote, but you have more control about the involved Lifecycles. I use this one e.g. for Part release for validation purposes.

Ciao
    Angela

• Hi Nini,

I do not know how to do this from an onXYPromote event without building a massive query. But have you thought about using your Method directly in the Lifecycle? You can add Methods to the Life Cycle transition to either run before or after lifecycle change. This is pretty the same as onBeforePromote/onAfterPromote, but you have more control about the involved Lifecycles. I use this one e.g. for Part release for validation purposes.

Ciao
    Angela

Children
No Data