Update minor_rev property is possible without applySQL

Hi,

I need to update the "minor_rev" property and I came across this post:

https://www.aras.com/community/f/development/3845/update-the-minor_rev-property-with-client-method-fails 

So basically if you put a value like "1" into "Default Value" in an ItemType, then you will be able to update the "minor_rev" property like:

item.setProperty("minor_rev", "2");

Hope it helps!

Parents
  • I think minor_rev is rated as system property and cannot be changed. If you try to change created_on, state or any other of these properties, the query would also ignore these requests.

This is some core Innovator behavior and it of course makes sense for important stuff like the ids.

My theory right now: In the past major_rev was also a hard restricted property, but then Aras changed it due to some requirement. So this is why the major_rev is editable today. But they didn´t change the minor_rev, cause Aras doesn´t use the minor_rev. The developers just did what they were told and that´s what we see today Slight smile

• I think minor_rev is rated as system property and cannot be changed. If you try to change created_on, state or any other of these properties, the query would also ignore these requests.

This is some core Innovator behavior and it of course makes sense for important stuff like the ids.

My theory right now: In the past major_rev was also a hard restricted property, but then Aras changed it due to some requirement. So this is why the major_rev is editable today. But they didn´t change the minor_rev, cause Aras doesn´t use the minor_rev. The developers just did what they were told and that´s what we see today Slight smile

Children
No Data