An item with the same key has already been added.

So I installed V12 and imported one of my custom itemtypes (Versionable) from V11 into it. (including all methods, forms, etc) Everything is working fine except one or two records. When I modify and save the record I get (An item with the same key has already been added.) error. I turned on the debugger and the error occurs when the itemtype is trying to generate a new ID.I tried deleting all server methods, workflow, lifecycle, etc. Still no luck

Any help would be appreciated.

Parents
  • Doesn´t sound like a problem of your Methods, Wf and other stuff, but something with the ItemType itself.

Do you get the error message inside the Import Tool? What kind of records make problems?

• 0 オフライン in reply to AngelaIp

No messages when importing the data. If I edit a record in Aras 12 (itemtype is Versionable) I assume, it tries to create a new ID and that's when I get the error. It's sporadic, doesn't happen on all records.

• I assume you use automatic versioning? So each edit of an item will create a new revision? 

In my previous tests with Innovator 12, I also had some trouble to configure versionable ItemTypes. I needed to edit the ItemType several times to make the versioning "really" work. The checkbox/dropdown combination to set the versioning in my case really reacted very unstable.

Often the dropdown value just switched back to manual when saving the ItemType. I had to switch the versioning mode around 5 times until it worked. I remember that I one time was so hopeless, that I set the discipline dropdown value by direct SQL (and then edit and save the ItemType again to make it apply).

Never faced this problems with Innovator 11. 

What will happen if you switch your versioning type? E.g. switch your versioning type to manual and check if you can create revisions manually (an additional CUI/Action Item for "version" should appear to trigger the new revision). Will this lead to the same error message after this change? 

• I assume you use automatic versioning? So each edit of an item will create a new revision? 

In my previous tests with Innovator 12, I also had some trouble to configure versionable ItemTypes. I needed to edit the ItemType several times to make the versioning "really" work. The checkbox/dropdown combination to set the versioning in my case really reacted very unstable.

Often the dropdown value just switched back to manual when saving the ItemType. I had to switch the versioning mode around 5 times until it worked. I remember that I one time was so hopeless, that I set the discipline dropdown value by direct SQL (and then edit and save the ItemType again to make it apply).

Never faced this problems with Innovator 11. 

What will happen if you switch your versioning type? E.g. switch your versioning type to manual and check if you can create revisions manually (an additional CUI/Action Item for "version" should appear to trigger the new revision). Will this lead to the same error message after this change? 

Children
No Data