Aras log configuration similar to Log4Net.

Is Aras providing logging of user activities based on configuration without requiring any code changes?

During development, if I write Info, Debug, Warning, and Error logs in the code, but for the Test server, I only want to log Debug, Warning, and Error messages without altering any code. With the assistance of configuration, I will specify "Debug," and on the Test server, only Debug, Warning, and Error messages should be logged. If I desire only Warning and Error logs, I will specify "Warning" in the configuration, automatically resulting in only Warning and Error messages being logged (according to the specified log level).

Regards,

Suhas

Parents
  • Hi Suhas,

good topic!  I right now only have the idea to using the System Event Log as alternative logging feature. You could use a Variable to decide, whether you log for Debug, Warning or Error.

Edit: The same "Variable" idea of course could also work for the classic codetree logging. Couldn't you use a Variable item to decide when to write the log? Only downside is that you always have to query the Variable.
    Alternative: Maybe use a custom parameter in the InnovatorServerConfig.xml instead?

But these are just some quick ideas. I hope someone know more.

Angela

• Hi Suhas,

good topic!  I right now only have the idea to using the System Event Log as alternative logging feature. You could use a Variable to decide, whether you log for Debug, Warning or Error.

Edit: The same "Variable" idea of course could also work for the classic codetree logging. Couldn't you use a Variable item to decide when to write the log? Only downside is that you always have to query the Variable.
    Alternative: Maybe use a custom parameter in the InnovatorServerConfig.xml instead?

But these are just some quick ideas. I hope someone know more.

Angela

Children
No Data