Join Aras Labs for Hacktoberfest 2018!

Join Aras Labs for Hacktoberfest 2018!

What is Hacktoberfest?

Every October, GitHub and Digital Ocean team up to host Hacktoberfest, a month-long campaign to encourage contribution to open source projects. The event runs from October 1- October 31, and is open to all GitHub users and project maintainers.

Hacktoberfest 2018 - DigitalOcean

Hacktoberfest is a month-long celebration of open source software.

Why should I participate?

Active and engaged contributors are the backbone of every healthy open source community. Whether writing code, sharing ideas, filing bugs, or updating documentation, these community members help build a stronger product for all. Contributing to community projects also improves one's own understanding of the product and sharpens critical skills.

Need a more tangible reason? We have swag!

Submit at least one (1) pull request

• Sticker pack from Aras

Submit at least Five (5) pull requests

• Exclusive Hacktoberfest t-shirt from Digital Ocean & GitHub
  • Exclusive t-shirt from Aras
  • Sticker pack from Digital Ocean & GitHub
  • Sticker pack from Aras

Submit a new Aras Community Project

• Exclusive t-shirt from Aras
  • Sticker pack from Aras

Note: You must sign up for Hacktoberfest on the official event page to be eligible for Digital Ocean/GitHub rewards.

How can I contribute?

1. Contributing to a Project

1. Sign up for Hacktoberfest using your GitHub user credentials.
  2. Fix an issue, add an enhancement, or improve documentation for an Aras Community Project.
  3. Submit your changes to the project maintainer in a GitHub pull request.

2. Submitting a New Project

1. Check out the Aras Community Project submission guidelines.
  2. Package up your project and commit it to GitHub.
  3. Submit your project to Aras Labs for review.

Note: Digital Ocean and GitHub do not count new projects toward the requirements of the official Hacktoberfest event, but Aras will be rewarding participants who submit new Aras Community Projects during October.

How do I pick a project to contribute to?

Do you currently use any Aras Community Projects? The easiest way to get started as a project contributor is to enhance or fix an issue in a project you already use and are familiar with.

If you are new to the Aras Community or you are still exploring the Aras Community Projects, here are a few projects with open issues filed on GitHub:

Wait, I have more questions!

If you have more questions about Hacktoberfest or Aras Community Projects, check out our Aras Community Projects 101 blog post, tweet us at @ArasLabs or shoot us an email at [email protected].